View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turning wood for rods

Well I have been trying to get a good chunk of wood from this guy and the competition is stiff to say the least. I just got off the phone with him and he said if you think it's bad now you should have seen it 5 years ago before the economy tanked. His wood was bringing in a lot more money than it is now.

This is a chunk he was selling on Ebay so you can get an idea what his stuff is going for. The bottom one in my original post went for well over $100. This one went from $99 to $147 in the last 10 seconds. $ wood chunk $

This is the guys website. Craig Stevens Studio

As I said I talked to him for a bit. This stuff was going for so much money I decided to statrt doing it myself and wanted to know what dye he was using in the resin. He didn't want to give out trade secrets but he did give me a few. Just not which dye. Really nice guy though. Even though he didn't give up the dye secret, it was well worth the call.

I now have the stabizing vacuum chamber, the acrylic resin and the vacuum pump is on the way. As soon as I figure out what the best dye to use is, I'll be set to wreck some wood.