View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:26 PM

leftys brother is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Winter Smallmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugslinger View Post
It depends where you live, what,s the lattitude. Up here the bite usualy doesnt start untill late April and early May if we have a cold April. Then in May they pair up and your fishing orver reds/beds. I know lefty he served with my Father In law during WW2. You must be righty.

Charlie
I did not know Lefty was a Vet. My admiration grows!
Actually my other brother is righty I'm ambi.
J

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamwalker View Post
Most of the time when I'm bass fishing in the winter I don't use a fly rod I know don't hate me. But I don't have a setup for it. Because wintertime bass fishing is Slowwwww!! An deep!! Most of the time I throw a senko worm In 20 feet of water where I know cover is and let it sit for 30 seconds even a minute then barely twitch it and do the same thing over and over covering water very slowly.
Thanks Streamwalker!
I had to google a senko worm. I had never heard of them. Your post lets me know that I am fishing to fast even tho I thought I was fishing slow. Problem has been that with variable water depth and water moving fishing clousers or similiar I am hung under rock by the time I think I should move. This is going to be challenging.