View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:37 PM

king joe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Steelhead success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by platte_fisher View Post
Not really sure what "dark boots" means but both of those fish were out of the water for less than 45 seconds. I am a very conscientious angler and am not new to the sport or the needs of fish.

That being said thank you for the good words and it was a great time. Those fish I supported back into the water and after no time shot back out into the river.

I am not sure what the first responder was really trying to say (fredaevans) but we are fly fishers/anglers and we respect and learn about the fish. I have caught enough fish to understand their needs and would never put a fish at risk unless I was going to eat it.

I know fish and have caught more than I could or would ever want to try to count. I am not a novice and while no offense is intended by (fredaevans) it was implied. Fish more, insult less; even if "no offense" was intended....

Thanks again king joe for the good word.
Thanks for NOT taking offense to my words as none were intended. Here in the Great Lakes, the term "Boot" refers to spawned out salmonids...typically the pacific salmon right before they die (dark and beaten) but for fresh spawned steels, they to can be dark and somewhat beaten looking....sort of like the ones you caught. And perhaps, some of what Fredevans was saying when he asked of they were post or pre-spawn fish.

Are the fish in your area typically dark like that usually?

Again, great job...hopefully I'll join you on the success podium.

King Joe, Outa Here!