View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Simms wading staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Bingo!

No one needs a wading staff (well, at my age/balance issues I do) until you 'need it.' At that point you're one or two steps beyond where you'd like to be.

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE ... it is not my issue if you wade into 'interesting places,' your call. But I'm tired of reading 'They are/were looking for the body.'

Moving water doesn't care if you do something stupid; again, your call. Feel free to argue the 'I don't need one.'
I agree ,I have been saved by a wading staff before, fishing a tailwaters when you stay to long and a dam releases before you know it ,water gets very swift and deep in a hurry, I carry a Simms on my belt all the time but wish I had a long Ash stick with weight on the end much more secure. For sure. But I am 71 yrs old now don't have a issuer walkin on level ground or a trail to the river but when in rubble and boulders and water pressure I need some help. I thing Snowbee had made one a while ago be trying to find again but no luck. I guess I will try making one my 2 cents. No folding staff are as secure as a solid staff with weight.