Thread: Caddidflies
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:11 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Caddidflies

Ted,

I personally don't think color makes too much difference. At least on my waters, there is never really a blanket hatch of any one species. Rather there are a mixture of several different species at any particular time.

Also I fish fairly fast waters, and I'm actively moving my fly as well, so the fish never really get a good long look at it. I personal want my fly to act as something alive, rather than only relying on the fly to fool the fish by looking exactly like the bug.

With that said, I fish mostly light olive or tan colored bugs. However when the mood strikes, I'll fish a fairly bright yellow which seems to work just as well as all the other colors.

I most fish a size 14 fly, sometimes going up to to size 12, very rarely going down to a size 16.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo