View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:17 AM

busbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Effective small pond fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Just make sure you ask the golf course if you can fish their pond before you head out. Don't want to be in the paper next day: "Fortune 500 company owner arrested fishing for Koi at golf course."
hahaha, well, the golf course has since been converted into a business park. There are a number of business buildings there now but they left a lot of the golf cart trails and the ponds. I do not think Barney Fife will be out to get me. Of course, I wouldn't even know who to contact if I wanted to. I will simply have to plead ignorance and ask for forgiveness. But if you do see those headlines in the paper, well, you will know it is me!

I have a 9' 5# with floating line. The suggestions to add a nymph to a grasshopper or something is a great idea. I do not expect any really large fish out of either pond but it has to help me get better. And, as I read these responses, I should get valuable practice that will only make me better once I get to moving water.