View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:18 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Albright EXT/ EXR Fly Rod

As usual, I agree with everything Moucheur is saying. If you speculate you are going to get a Zenith with another name on it for the quoted price....well, you are not. It is my understanding that Albright intends to introduce an entirely new lineup of rods and these rods...regardless of marketing, think of them as competing in the $289.99 price range...must go. Though built in a top shop in Korea, they utilize REC US-made reel seats and Recoil guides; unusual at this price point. Moucheur, while I said the #8 was very good and powerful; I like (or liked as I broke mine) EXS #8 better. Never-the-less, at the current pricing these rods do represent an excellent quality to price ratio with performance a full cut above some popular competing rods such as (for example) BVK. They are close to being on a par with ECHO3 but the tapers are not quite as sophisticated.