View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 AM

busbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Effective small pond fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher for men View Post
1.) There might be a good chance to nail some carp. They're often in ponds, including grass carp as they often stock them to cut down on weeds in urban ponds. There's a good excuse to buy another rod as carp are big game. You might want some actual leaders to make a gentle presentation.
That brings up another question: Aren't koi nothing but fancy looking carp?? I would suspect these things may be pretty big by now.

And now you are making me think I should look for a cheapie rod in case I break it. Whenever I caught a big, old smallmouth back in October, I darn near snapped my rod reeling him in. I must admit, it was a load of fun landing it but nerve wracking since the rod tip was totally bent.

I think there is a cheap fiberglass rod for sale on Craig's list. It is an old Diawa 6# for $35. It has been there for a while, wouldn't be surprised if it were gone.