View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Effective small pond fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher for men View Post
1.) There might be a good chance to nail some carp. They're often in ponds, including grass carp as they often stock them to cut down on weeds in urban ponds. There's a good excuse to buy another rod as carp are big game. You might want some actual leaders to make a gentle presentation.
That brings up another question: Aren't koi nothing but fancy looking carp?? I would suspect these things may be pretty big by now.

And now you are making me think I should look for a cheapie rod in case I break it. Whenever I caught a big, old smallmouth back in October, I darn near snapped my rod reeling him in. I must admit, it was a load of fun landing it but nerve wracking since the rod tip was totally bent.

I think there is a cheap fiberglass rod for sale on Craig's list. It is an old Diawa 6# for $35. It has been there for a while, wouldn't be surprised if it were gone.