Thread: Length rod
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Length rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugslinger View Post
I gave you a like becuase I think you were sincere, midguided but none the less sincere. On a two handed rod a.k.a. the Spey the fulcrum is the distance between top and bottom hand usualy an inch or so in front of the reel . The rod is the lever and the line/leader/fly is the weight. This is a general balance point all depending on rod leangth,cast,and grip location,grip length, and reel weight. The longer rod will always generate more wind resistancce because their is more surface area. Instead of going on with a long winded answer, use this test. Take a 8 ft bar and lift a 100 lb weight 1 ft. Take the same weight an lift distance and use a 14 ft bar. The longer bar will use less energy than the shorter, the same way the Spey will throw farther with less energy all day and all night.

Charlie
You are very wrong. Sorry. Please see the recent thread on long rod leverage. Its filled with comments from engineers and physicist and everyone who knows what they're talking about all confirming that longer rod equals less leverage. I don't want to be rude, but you are wrong.