View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:06 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
Wow; never seen anything like it! From the prices in the article I gather that is a rather ancient reel in spectacular condition.
Dates back to the same time period classic Detroit iron ruled the street's of America. In my opinion, it shares much of the same beauty that is indicative of the Hay-day of USA engineering.

Casey, your right..... Thats what it is, it's not the same rod it will ultimately be matched up with. The combo just made for a nice picture, both the reel and rod do not match up well do to there differing weight's. This reel would best balance a 8" + glass rod. (as it does have a bit of heft). My CGR is a bit lighter. ............You guys are good!

When I purchased this reel, it had poor pics. Brought it home for under 20$, I was really surprised to see it's condition after the box was opened. As this is not my usual experience. This reel is by far the nicest conditioned vintage reel I have eve purchased.

Last edited by charged; 03-22-2013 at 09:49 PM.