View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:08 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: When The Tables Turn...

Yesterday brought with it one of those "epiphany" moments, that rare thunder-stuck sort of occasion when an almost perfect mental clarity takes over before yielding to the heart. It occurred as I was walking from my pew in the church to the pulpit and passed by "Sam's" open casket. Death had brought with it a serenity to Samantha Jean that she hadn't known in the last years of her life.

When I reached the pulpit, I clearly remember pausing to steady my nerves and my voice before I uttered four small words... "Her name was "Sam..." Beyond that, my ramblings were mostly a blur of emotions and "remember when's." You see, "Sam" was once one half of the duo known to family and friends as the "Sam and Larry Show," the "Larry" being our late daughter, Laramie Jane. They were the best of friends, both at the tying vise and in life...

As the service ended, we made our way to the back of the church where I encountered a fair number of "my kids" and their folks-- past and present. It pleased me to know that they'd turned out in a show of support for the family, and out of respect for "one of their own." I only hope that I did them all proud, especially the re-united heavenly duo known as "Sam & Larry..."

Jerry, aka hairwing530