View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Thin Water Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
I have a conundrum. There are close to 50 fish in a pool that is very shallow and you cannot cast into them because they are so spooky. The water is in the mid 40's and do not know what to do with them. Any tips would be great.
Be there tomorrow before daylight. Wade in slowly and quietly as soon as you can see at all, than as it becomes light enough to begin to see fish put the fly on the perimeter of the group of fish near you. Do not swing a fly through the entire group, work the edge and one will take it for you.

How do I know? As they say, been there, done it. Some times I will be on my favorite water before light and have stood for hours in driving wind and rain waiting for a run of fish. Other times as it gets light I find them already there.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;