View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 03:41 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fishing on the Manistee River in MI

spinsheet,

If you want a sort of "one-stop shopping" approach to fishing the Manistee River and some of its better stretches, there is a trout angler's guide that's available from the Challenge Chapter of Trout Unlimited here in Michigan, or through any of the fly shops in Grayling-- Gate's Lodge, the Old AuSable Angler Fly Shop and the like. The guide will tell you everything from a bit of history about the river, and also point out best access points, hatch emergence schedules and the like. As I live on the AuSable River, I don't get to fish the Manistee as much as I'd like, but it's a great river with some outstanding fly fishing.

If you need more info on rounding up a copy of The Trout Angler's Guide to the Manistee, drop me a PM and I'll hook you up. As for flies? Bring along some Adams in multiple sizes-- 10-16 --some Sulphur patterns, and a few tiny white-winged black flies, tied in a spinner formation.

And, if I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask... Jerry, aka hairwing530