View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:41 PM

hairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fishing on the Manistee River in MI

spinsheet,

If you want a sort of "one-stop shopping" approach to fishing the Manistee River and some of its better stretches, there is a trout angler's guide that's available from the Challenge Chapter of Trout Unlimited here in Michigan, or through any of the fly shops in Grayling-- Gate's Lodge, the Old AuSable Angler Fly Shop and the like. The guide will tell you everything from a bit of history about the river, and also point out best access points, hatch emergence schedules and the like. As I live on the AuSable River, I don't get to fish the Manistee as much as I'd like, but it's a great river with some outstanding fly fishing.

If you need more info on rounding up a copy of The Trout Angler's Guide to the Manistee, drop me a PM and I'll hook you up. As for flies? Bring along some Adams in multiple sizes-- 10-16 --some Sulphur patterns, and a few tiny white-winged black flies, tied in a spinner formation.

And, if I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask... Jerry, aka hairwing530