View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tapered Leaders - which brand has least memory?

Joni & WT are absolutely correct! Too much heat is not a good thing so I never use a rubber or leather leader straightener.
If I have a leader that coils I gently pull it through my fingers to create a little heat and try to gently stretch it, main concern being the tippet end of course.

As far as leaders and tippet material having the least amount of memory?.....I haven't tried this brand yet, but knowing full well the demands that technical springs creeks ask of you and your terminal tackle, and the fact that Rene Harrop will not use something that is not supple and wouldn't allow for a delicate and lifelike presentation, nor allow his trademark name to be put on it....I would think this would have very little memory. I need to restock my tippet material so I'll probably give it a try myself soon.
http://www.trouthunt.com/estore/category/2944

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*