View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bobbins and bobbin threaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce m View Post
There was another recent thread on what tools to buy for a beginner, it may have been your thread. In that thread a poster, forget who, suggested doing away with the threader all together and just suck the thread up through the tube once started. I've never heard of doing that until then and decided to give it a try. Well its super simple and no need for another gadget, my threader is gone for good. Thanks to whoever that was with the original suggestion.
I know it wasn't me I've done it many times when I've been without a threader or just couldn't find mine. It works but I find threaders very easy to use and they always work. I've also whip finished by hand and tied pheasant tail nymphs using the wire in place of thread but don't do it all the time. Loading the bobbin without a threader is a good thing to know how to do but personally I use the tool that makes it easier.