Thread: I'm near Boston
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm near Boston

We have the same issues here in CT.
The state recommends limiting consumption of most fresh water and larger SW fish to once a week. The high risk group (pregnant or nursing women and children under 6) have stricter limits.
Ponds and streams where it is not safe to eat the fish are clearly marked and publicized.
Trout for the most part are always safe because the majority are stocked and wild fish live in the cleanest of water.
There are exceptions though, the Housatonic River in western CT and in Mass below Stockbridge contains PCBs and is C&R for the most of the full length of the river

....I don't think that you'd want to be eating catfish or carp from the Charles though
Mostly because of the nasty taste rather than from any kind of contamination