View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 02:43 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rod designation question

I was looking at Dean_Mt's thread on his Sage rod build and noticed that Sage designates a rod listing the weight first followed by the length - a 4 piece 9'6" 5wt is 596-4. I also saw that Redington does this. I learned to do the length first followed by the weight so the rod would be 965-4. I think I got that from buying Batson blanks and feel like I've seen it done that way elsewhere like Hook and Hackle's blanks. Is there a standard or is it just up to the company?

I haven't owned many rods that didn't start as blanks so this just struck me today. Not a big deal but not understanding the logic behind the different listings opens the door for some confusion. Initially I thought Dean_Mt was building a 5'9" 6wt till I saw how Sage lists the rods