View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: When The Tables Turn...

Corey Ford was a truly gifted wordsmith, one who wrote a wealth of books during his time on this Earth. He ranks among my all-time favorite authors-- along with the late Gene Hill, Dana Lamb and a host of others --especially for the aforementioned "The Road..." It's been known to cause many a bird-dog lover to shed a tear or two...

Corey Ford also did a fair amount of fly-fishing writing-- both he and Gordon MacQuarrie were upland gunners who fly-fished as well --and a great deal of satire. The previous century was probably the benchmark of the birth of a great many outstanding authors, and I find my book shelves lined with their works. And, there among them all, stand a set of books given to me right after the restoration of my eyesight by a pairing that I miss dearly-- the "Sam & Larry" duo. Needless to say, those books will be treasured for the rest of my days... Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 03-25-2013 at 01:57 PM.