View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 02:53 PM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: When The Tables Turn...

Corey Ford was a truly gifted wordsmith, one who wrote a wealth of books during his time on this Earth. He ranks among my all-time favorite authors-- along with the late Gene Hill, Dana Lamb and a host of others --especially for the aforementioned "The Road..." It's been known to cause many a bird-dog lover to shed a tear or two...

Corey Ford also did a fair amount of fly-fishing writing-- both he and Gordon MacQuarrie were upland gunners who fly-fished as well --and a great deal of satire. The previous century was probably the benchmark of the birth of a great many outstanding authors, and I find my book shelves lined with their works. And, there among them all, stand a set of books given to me right after the restoration of my eyesight by a pairing that I miss dearly-- the "Sam & Larry" duo. Needless to say, those books will be treasured for the rest of my days... Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 03-25-2013 at 12:57 PM.