View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Float Tube Worries

Hello,

I have been thinking that I should maybe invest in a float tube this year since I know I am going to be hitting a couple small ponds and a small lake near my house and not too much stream fishing.

I want to do this but I have two things that are holding me back:

1. This is silly but I cannot swim. I sink like a rock. Instantly. This is sort of an irrational fear since (a) the float tubes made now are (probably) not going to sink and (b) in PA, everybody has to wear a personal floatation device even if you are in a tube. I think I can get over this issue with repetition.

2. This is the bigger thing and I do not know if I am being irrational or not. This lake definitely has snapping turtle in it. I do not know exactly how big the biggest ones are in there but I don't want to find out the hard way, even with a little one!

Should I worry about these things or am I being silly? I may be nuts, but I like my toes. My calves. And whatever else may be within reach.

Are those things aggressive? Do they find things floating in the water attractive? Or will they only go after a human body part if they feel they are cornered?

Thanks,
ray