View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Float Tube Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
The 'sinking' part,,,wear a GOOD flotation device and you'll be OK. But ya know,,maybe the local health club has swimming lessons ? Not only is it valuable to know how to swim...it's a great deal of fun and good exercise.
Do you know how many times I have tried to learn how to swim? I bet I have gone at least six times since I have been married and my wife insisted I learn how to swim. She couldn't teach me and said that I was sinking because I simply wouldn't listen to her. I went to the YMCA and thru the local high school and still sink!

The only good thing about those lessons is the fact that, all but one time, I had a purty young girl who was my instructor. Every one of them insisted they will be the one who taught me how to swim. Each one was wrong.

I am not totally afraid because I have gone white water rafting on several occasions and, each time, I was thrown waaaaaay out of the raft at least once. Each one was guided, which was a good thing. One time, I was stuck at the bottom of a rapid and it was sucking me down hard enough that it sucked my shoe right off my foot and nobody could get near me, so they had to throw me a rope.

I learned from those trips that life jackets work, so I am not terribly afraid. I am sure it will take more than a few times to gather up the courage to drift too far from shore but I will venture out eventually.

Now, those turtles.......................