View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM

busbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Float Tube Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
The 'sinking' part,,,wear a GOOD flotation device and you'll be OK. But ya know,,maybe the local health club has swimming lessons ? Not only is it valuable to know how to swim...it's a great deal of fun and good exercise.
Do you know how many times I have tried to learn how to swim? I bet I have gone at least six times since I have been married and my wife insisted I learn how to swim. She couldn't teach me and said that I was sinking because I simply wouldn't listen to her. I went to the YMCA and thru the local high school and still sink!

The only good thing about those lessons is the fact that, all but one time, I had a purty young girl who was my instructor. Every one of them insisted they will be the one who taught me how to swim. Each one was wrong.

I am not totally afraid because I have gone white water rafting on several occasions and, each time, I was thrown waaaaaay out of the raft at least once. Each one was guided, which was a good thing. One time, I was stuck at the bottom of a rapid and it was sucking me down hard enough that it sucked my shoe right off my foot and nobody could get near me, so they had to throw me a rope.

I learned from those trips that life jackets work, so I am not terribly afraid. I am sure it will take more than a few times to gather up the courage to drift too far from shore but I will venture out eventually.

Now, those turtles.......................