View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:36 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sage Fly Rod Cosmetics

I like Orvis rods,,because for me...they control really good in close. I do not cast long...I hunt fish, find fish, cast short and catch fish. That's just my way. I cant see some of my dries at 70ft ! I think Orvis is well suited for my style of fishing on the small waters here. And rods that flex a great deal to me,,give me a better fish on feel. My BVK 5wt,,,I bought for the river smallmouth,,isn't very sensitive 'fish on' if the fish isn't pretty dang big. I do not see it as a trout rod at all.

A ONE,,unless it was about an 8wt to muskie and striper fish with,, wouldn't be my cup of tea. Wouldn't be a trout rod for me at all. But if you trout hunt in big wide waters,,it might be the thang.

Winstons,,,not to have owned one,,impress the dickens out of me in appearance..and honestly,,that's all I can go by,,,but too many good trout men tell wonderful things about them for me to dismiss them as not being wonderful trout sticks.

Were I to purchase a Sage,,it WOULD be one of their more relaxed flexes that I hear good things about.