View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:48 AM

busbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud ofbusbus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Float Tube Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
The areas I fish also have big snapping turtles. And I don't mean dinner plate big, I mean garbage can top big. Like at least 80lbs, some definitely over 100lbs with heads the size of a grapefruit.

I know I have seen them the size of dinner plates and, possibly, a little bigger where I fish but nothing like a 100-pound freaking snapping turtle!! What did The Crocodile Hunter used to say? "Crikey!" I think.

I think you are 100% correct. I need to just experience it and, well, do it. All that **** brushing up against your legs has got to make you shiver.

The more this goes on, the more creepy it gets: trees, limbs, lily pads, garbage people may have thrown in there.

This brings up another thing I am sure I will run into: water snakes.

This is another irrational fear. For some reason, I have no problems with snakes on land. But when I see one swimming in the water, I freak out. Act like a little girl. I have never seen one more than about 3-4 feet and about the diameter of your rod handle--which isn't all that big--but I don't want to see any even 6-inches long and as fat as a pencil.