View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Float Tube Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I turn to see a seal's face right at my elbow....Close enough that it could have licked me.
Needless to say, I screamed like a little girl
hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

At least I am not the only one who has done something like this. I feel a lot better!

Well, it seems like it is pretty universal. I need to address the irrational things like snapping turtles and snakes but be aware of a real issue like sinking like a rock.

If you guys hear a loud-pitched scream at some point this summer, you know it was me reacting to something like seaweed hitting the back of my leg.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post
I hope this isn't taking you off topic, but have you given any thought to a canoe, or perhaps one of the light pontoon boats.

After stepping on treble hooks, two different times, while wading out there in my tube, I elected to go with canoes, and now have both a light 17' Kelvar Seda, that I can load on a TALL F250 4x4 Crew cab, and a considerably heavier 18' Wenonah that takes two of us to load, but seats both my son & I.

There are many options out there that would make for fewer worries for you!
I have looked at those. I do not have access to a truck and the biggest vehicle I happen to have is a Nissan Sentra. I do not have anyplace to put a canoe at my house.

That said, I was thinking about one of these two options:

1. The Venture Outdoors VOModular® 5G: Venture Outdoors - Pontoon Boats

2. The Porta-Bote: Portabote

I really like the Porta-Bote but there is no freaking way I will spend the amount of money they want for that thing. But I can hang it on my garage wall and carry it on the side of my car!

I am looking for something that is CHEAP and VERY PORTABLE and VERY LIGHT. Neither of these satisfy everything.