View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Float Tube Worries

OK, here's a good Snapping Turtle story. My niece when she was about 5 years old came running up to my brother inlaw (her Dad) and I, carrying a blue plastic bathroom trash can. She starts yelling as she runs towards us "Great news! I caught a pet turtle!" She gets about 10 feet away and stops, flips the can over and dumps a Snapping Turtle out that I kid you not, barely fit in the dang thing. As my brother inlaw and I collided with each other trying to get her out of the way of it's now quite angry little head, we yelled like it was stereo "Look out!". It didn't get her and I have no idea how she got it in the can in the first place, but Jay and I scared her far worse than the turtle did.

By the way, have you ever heard of a turtle attacking a float tuber? No you have not. They don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post
After stepping on treble hooks, two different times, while wading out there in my tube, I elected to go with canoes,
You could have also gone with fins big enough to go over your wading boots like I did.