View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:01 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Float Tube Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post
These are very tough little boats!

3 of us took a trip up to Alaska, and took two of these little boats, folded up, and tucked under the wings of a float plane. We drifted back down the Dawson
River for 10 days, and these boats took a beating, but just kept going.

That being said, we bought these because other than inflatables, they were the only choice for this trip. Much easier for us to fold, than work an air pump, not to mention, easier to patch with Duct tape than repair the inflatables!!
Richard,

Are you talking about the Porta-Botes? I am seriously thinking about one but not just yet. I still have two kids in school and one keeps changing her mind about what she wants to do when she grows up. I think she may be thinking she will want to care for her old man because he will be bankrupt if she changes majors again! Well, not that bad but, still, I need to take it easy for a little while longer.

I do want to get one of these bad boys eventually because they seem sturdy as heck.

--------------------------------

As far as the otters go, I don't need to worry about those things in Pittsburgh! Mammals don't seems to bother me like reptiles do. There is something extremely creepy and brutal about reptiles.