View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equivalent to Sage Launch 8wt

The Launch was a medium fast action "entry" level rod and the linage from the Launch has gone: Launch>Vantage>Approach. Approach being the newest of the bunch.

The FLI was a fast action "entry" level rod who's linage is: FLI>Flight>Response. Response is the latest incarnation.

Between the two, if she liked the feel of the Launch, you'd want to go Vantage which are still around on discount/closeout or Approach if the newest model is of interest. Those will be the closest to the medium fast action. Lots of folks liked the Flight for the price point but it is a fast action rod.

Going to a shop and casting a variety of current models from multiple manufacturers within your budget is always advisable if this is an option.

I can't speak to what's best for chasing bones, hopefully Sweetandsalt will see this and comment. I know he's got experience on that end.

Disclaimer: I owned 2 Launch rods, cast an FLI, but have no experience with the others in any configuration.

Last edited by jaybo41; 03-25-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Adding disclaimer