View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Polarizing discussions

There have been a couple of discussions of late that have had polarizing comments for and against X product/brand etc. While reading them, I've noticed some really good discussion on both sides but unfortunately, there are a number of comments that totally derail and or detract from the value of the discussion. One of the reasons I've enjoyed this community over some of the other forums is that this sort of thing seemed to happen much less over a period of time if at all.

Granted some of the comments are meant from a jovial perspective and it isn't always easy to interpret the tone of the posters comments via an internet forum. Yes you can unsubscribe from threads like this, not view them or refrain from comment but they are still there.

Keeping discussions on point and not derailing the discussion from the original poster's question can be challenging. By doing so it really benefits us all so we don't need to read through or skim over the comments that detract from the conversation. It's perfectly healthy to cover bases in a discussion and agree to disagree. It's also OK to start a new topic of discussion so as to include the additional topics rather than derail the initial thread.

Myself included, I wish we would all keep in mind that negativity, attacks on personal opinions of products, views and what have you really detract from the enjoyment of the readership. Others who are viewing the forum for the first time may think twice about joining. Maybe just my personal opinions, I dunno.

I'm done venting.

All I know is I'm ready for the weather to break