View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Float Tube Worries

I have a confession to make. The reason I haven't considered a float tube,,I can move myself in the water by kicking my feet. I can swim like a frog,,fast as one too,,if I pull my legs up and and push back while doing a breast stroke or even a crawl..but for the freakin' life of me, I've never moved by kicking my feet/legs like most people do. I fear I'd get the tube,,not move with my fins on...and still have to put a small troller on it. Guess what would be OK too.

I am setting up a Pelician Bass Stalker,,,one'a them Pond Crawler style two man pontoon boats. Them things are uber kewl to fly fish out of,,stable, 10ft long so you can haul it in the back of a full size truck bed. Not too heavy,,one person can load one really easy (if you set the battery out and stuff.) They actually do wonderfully on the river,,and if they are stable in New River,,they will be stable in any river on this blue ball of earth I figure. Now I don't go class 5 white water over there with it LOL,,but it's no biggie to float down the falls to the next stretch in most places. If you sit ya stuff right, everything is below you cept ya troller handle...I think I'm gonna use mine with the troller in front,,so I can quarter at my intended casting targets.

Anyways, off topic of the tube. Any secrets to swimming with your feet ?

Michael