View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 PM

joedirttoo is on a distinguished road
Default Summit County 1st week of April

I will be staying at Keystone with the family for Spring Break. In between and possibly after ski outings I hope to spend some serious time fishing the area. I understand the Blue will be close and convenient. I also understand it may be a challenge for me as I fish regularly, but I am an inexperienced fly fisherman. Anyway.....I plan to bring the fly rod and waders and give it a go. I fished with a guide last year on the Colorado and learned a few things and had a great trip but the part I enjoy most about fishing is the adventure and the satisfaction of catching fish on my own.

Any suggestions as to where to go other than the outlet malls? Most of the reports I read talk about the fishing getting better later in the day. Would I have any luck first thing in the morning (looks like we are talking high temps in the upper 30's to 40's)? I plan on stopping at a local fly shop to load up and seek local knowledge....suggestions? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...as I mentioned, my fly fishing experience is limited.

Thanks