View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 PM

Meatco1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Float Tube Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by busbus View Post
Richard,

Are you talking about the Porta-Botes? I am seriously thinking about one but not just yet. I still have two kids in school and one keeps changing her mind about what she wants to do when she grows up. I think she may be thinking she will want to care for her old man because he will be bankrupt if she changes majors again! Well, not that bad but, still, I need to take it easy for a little while longer.

I do want to get one of these bad boys eventually because they seem sturdy as heck.

--------------------------------

As far as the otters go, I don't need to worry about those things in Pittsburgh! Mammals don't seems to bother me like reptiles do. There is something extremely creepy and brutal about reptiles.
Yes, the very same. They were terrific on our 150 mile float trip, and very simple to set up, hardly any time involved. As far as hanging together, these things really are tough!!! We went through rapids, hit rocks, slammed into limbs, and bounced off tree trunks. The only repairs we had to do, we did with duct tape. They just kept on trucking!!

That being said, other than a special purpose boat for a fly-in trip, I don't see that they have any advantage to Canoe's or the inflatable pontoon boats.

Respects,

Richard