View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drag on a fly reel

If your 5000C has no drag it's because you bought it second hand and a previous owner did bad things to it. Here is a photo of a 5000C and you can clearly see the star drag adjustment.
Click the image to open in full size.

I think you may be trying to overthink the drag thing here. This is all pretty simple. Hook the line to a door knob and try it. In the don't bust your line on a door knob scenario you won't leave a fly in a fish. All the information you need is in my previous post in a pretty clear (or at least I thought it was) manner. Go back and reread them. hook the line to a door knob and walk backwards. You will understand it perfectly in about 3 seconds.

Here's a newer version of the 5000C, still has a drag.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Guest1; 03-26-2013 at 01:22 PM.