View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rotary Vise Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardsportsman View Post
I haven't tied on many vises, but I am in love with this one! It took a few flies to get used to it. Im not sure how the bobbin cradle helps, thats the only issue I can see with it. (Although this would be on all vises with the cradle) When I pull my bobbin on to it, the thread always jumps to the eye or off of the eye of the hook. It is quite frustrating. Other than that this thing rules! Very smooth, very high quality materials and craftsmanship. And not to mention YOU GET A FREE STICKER!!! Lol, thats what sold me for sure
Throw a half hitch on before using the bobbin rest and the thread won't move out of the spot the half hitch on. I also keep the bobbin rest kind of close to the hook eye and lean the vertical part of the bobbin rest over a bit so the bobbin doesn't hit it. This allows the bobbin to spin with the vise and helps prevent twisting of the thread.
Nice vise you have there Awkward. It should serve you well for many long years. At the rod builders show I spoke with the guy who rebuilds Renzetti vises at the factory. I looked but can't find online the before and after pictures that Renzetti had up somewhere. They make them new again.