View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:02 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drag on a fly reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabluz View Post
I have never come across any fly reel that let out line without the handles turning but I bet that there are some somewhere that will do that.
I have several anti-reverse fly reels.

The Fenwick World Class Reels are anti-reverse. I had the World Class 6 and 8, and still have the 6. I also have several Seamaster Mark III Dual Mode reels that are direct drive anti-reverse fly reels.

The reason for these reels is that you can literally have your fingers broken if you get them in the way of a spinning handle when fighting a Tarpon or Tuna. I know of a surgeon that did break his fingers while salt water fly fishing.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy