View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: Thin Water Steelhead

never seen spooky steel in my town. you can almost step on the ones around here. I wear camo tho. try wearing camo and walking very slowly and stay low if possible. get up stream of them and try swings some clouser minnows into um so the clouser swings about 6 inches in front of there face.. if they are anything like the steelies around my town they will chase it down out of aggression. try red/white to trigger agression. if very spooky grey/white. if that don't work they want small stuff. so don't be afraid to use a single glo egg. if its really shallow just try a single glo egg in a natural color like oregon cheese or egg or peach or something and drift it through there pod without any indicator or weight whatsoever. if ya need some weight to get down add a small shot on it. somedays the fish will crush single eggs. every few casts can lead to a fish. but if drifted right in a fishes path instead a a few inches away from its face can lead to a couple foul hookings tho so be careful with it. it does work tho! small nymphs work too!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.