Thread: Summer Trip
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 AM

mtboiler will become famous soon enoughmtboiler will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Summer Trip

Hopefully you have a couple months!!!! You could spend a couple weeks in each one and still not get enough!! I have been to all of them.

WRNF is basically Eagle, Grand and Summit county. Where to begin there. You got the Gore, Eagle, Blue, Colorado, roaring fork, frying pan....and a bunch of lakes.

I drove from Summit to Whitefish, the route you will probably take...up thru Steamboat, another great place to fish, over to Tetons, up thru Yellowstone, to Glacier and back. Teton is Jackson Hole...and lots of fishing. Yellowstone is partly in the SW part of Montana, and the SW part of Montana is probably some of the best fishing rivers in the country. And Glacier is probably the most scenic NP in the country with some awesome lakes to hike too.

So unless you got a lot of time, I would suggest narrowing your trip or doing some fly bys!! We spend 3 days in Yellowstone and felt rushed...and I live 20 minutes for Glacier and can tell you it is a full day just to drive west to east in the park...and you miss the best part in my opinion, the north fork road. My wife wanted to kill me because I had a list of rivers to fish in yellowstone park, not to mention the Yellowstone, Gallatin, Madison, Blackfoot, Bitterroot, ext. Trust me, yellowstone alone is a good week of fishing without running out of great spots. And the WRNF is the size of an eastern US state!!

Wow, to have a motor home and a couple months to kill...and you got a summer vacation you will never forget...ever!!!