View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Drag on a fly reel

dabluz, There are many fly reels that have drags similar to those found in other reels, I posted a vintage reel of this design a few days ago.

Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

Also Abu certainly produced direct drive bait-casters. I'm not familiar with spinsheets reel, but will acknowledge that direct-drive Abu's were produced.

Abu Garcia - * * *Wayne's Reel Collectibles

Spinsheet, after I first became interested in traditional fly reels, I ended up also fishing some of my grandfathers direct drive baitcasters, and found they can also be a blast to fish! Then one day out of impulse I picked up a used direct drive spinning reel from japan (was actually searching for one, but a deal came along that I couldn't pass), "A Shimano BBX". I have not fished it yet, but I bet it will also be fun.

Hope you enjoy your direct drive reel, I'f I was you I'd certainly fish it! Its my limited understanding the "D" stands for direct drive, If you acquired them from the same source it might be possible someone played, as many Abu's are like lego's. Many of the same parts have a fair chance to fit. I've even found interchangeable parts in later daiwa / abu's....

Last edited by charged; 03-27-2013 at 09:13 PM.