View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lamson ula force sl

Back in the day, I used first generation ULA reels for my 3 (Purist model), 4, 5, and 7/8 rods. The drag systems are very smooth with a decent range of adjustment.

However you need be careful if you are rough on your equipment. The reels are made so light, that there is a chance that the rim of the spool could be bent. When I used to handle warranty work at the shop that used to work at, people would bring in their reels for me either to straighten the spools or send them out. Usual excuses were the reels getting dropped on rocks, dropped on a tile floor, or bounced around in a drift or jet boat.

I currently own a ULA 3x SL and a first generation Litespeed. They perform quite well. But I try to be careful with them.

Dennis