Thread: Illlinois trout
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 AM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Illlinois trout

I know Silver Springs State Park in Yorkville stocks trout once a year but have heard opening day pretty much wipes them out. Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville also stocks trout but some deal there. At blackwell they let people in motor boats out on the lake and they almost troll for the trout. So the trout are pretty much fished out the first couple of days as well. I have been told the only decent place where the fish have a chance to hide for a few weeks longer is on Rock creek in Kankakee state park. I have been to Silver Springs and Blackwell on opening days but because it is so packed with everyone after trout to take home eat I wouldn't feel comfortable casting their and not taking out someone's eye. I have yet to fish the rock creek but I know people who have as well as other forum members that have pulled out football sized trout out there. In my honest opinion and depending on where you are located, I would make the drive to either Indiana or Southern Wisconsin. I can't remember the name of the park but my cousin always bring back some great photos of trout they catch around the kenosha. I believe they go to the root river and the pike river. I have not had the abliity to fish those spots just yet but I do know they are very productive. I don't have much experience fishing the ponds for trout mainly because if I was looking for trout I would make the trek to a place they can be found indigenously so I'd have a better shot at them. As well as not to stand shoulder to shoulder with guys and their spinning tackle who do not understand what a back cast is... as they walk right into your line and think you're the a**hole. So I hoped this might have shed a little light on the subject.

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com