Thread: I'm near Boston
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm near Boston

This link might help. It's got links to where to go, stocking schedule, and fish consumption advisories.

MassWildlife - Fishing Information

I don't know that fly fishing is going to be the most cost effective way to get fish to eat.... but don't let that stop you!

There's a lot of other stuff to fly fish for too--- when I was a kid i used to live in Newton and used to fish in Lake Cochituate (sp?) in Natick (stocked trout bass, panfish), Walden Pond (stocked Trout) the Charles River (bass, crappie, panfish) and rivers like the Palmer for shad (should be running now or very soon), as well as out in Western Ma in lakes (Quabbin, Otis) and Swift, Deerfield Rivers etc. There's also a ton of SW fishing in MA if you get into that...

Good luck, you'll have a blast!

mark