Thread: Length rod
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Length rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugslinger View Post
Welcome to the forum, Dan and I agree many times on many things, just not on this one. Here's my two cents; The longer the rod ,the more leverage you have to cast,fight fish and roll cast back to the spot where the fish missed your fly or you were sleeping. A longer rod is always easier to cast than a shorter one of equal quality and speed. It takes less energy to do so,and that means you can fish longer. Musky are elusive ambush predators that take alot of casting to catch. My advice is to err on the long side, 10 ft. is not a long rod. If I were after Musky the Spey would be my rod of choice as close to the water you are, in a float tube,pontoon etc.

Charlie
Yah, Charlie said he would go with a 10'er for Musky. By the way, I would love to see you roll cast that Musky fly. Actually I missed the word spey in that suggestion. I would like to see a spey cast from a float tube as well.

Last edited by Guest1; 03-28-2013 at 09:13 PM.