View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:02 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default One for me: 9' 5wt

Here is a 9' 5wt rod I just finished for myself. It's based on one that I made for my dad last year. It has all the same components with two differences; a different blank and same thread without CP this time, which made a nice dark green almost black on the green blank.

The blank is a green 9' 5wt from Ye Old English Fly Shop bought at the Denver fly fishing show. Snake guides and tip top are bronze original style from Snake Brand and the bronze stripping guide is from the Golden Witch. Reel seat is a tich finish with tulipwood insert from Dave Winslow and the grip is my second birch bark grip (wow I love these but they are a pain to turn on a drill) with rubberized cork on either end and 8 coats of tru-oil to bring out a nice finish.

Pictures aren't ideal and light looks funny on some of the wraps, but I hope the colors come through alright.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hopefully I'll get it on the river soon.

Thanks for looking