View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 AM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nymph fishing without indicators

I'm really starting to hate indicators more and more and therefor use them less and less... Though even in Dynamic Nymphing he says that there is a time and place for indicators... So don't just throw them away and never use them again...

Personally I use a Wonderfurl Nymphing leader... it's a 7 1/2' furled leader with 3' of brightly colored butt so that i can see my leader in the water... My Ultimate Trout line is grey so seeing the tip of my line moving from 20'-30' away is pretty much impossible... these leaders are amazing and can see my leader whether it's on the surface or a couple feet under the water... depending on clarity...

Also keeping a tight line will allow you to "feel" the fish take a fly a lot easier... but this is not always a good technique as you're more often moving your fly slightly faster than the current to keep your line tight... which kinda eliminates a natural drift... which can turn some fish off... but i still land plenty with this technique... so I'm not complaining