View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:35 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nymph fishing without indicators

I'm really starting to hate indicators more and more and therefor use them less and less... Though even in Dynamic Nymphing he says that there is a time and place for indicators... So don't just throw them away and never use them again...

Personally I use a Wonderfurl Nymphing leader... it's a 7 1/2' furled leader with 3' of brightly colored butt so that i can see my leader in the water... My Ultimate Trout line is grey so seeing the tip of my line moving from 20'-30' away is pretty much impossible... these leaders are amazing and can see my leader whether it's on the surface or a couple feet under the water... depending on clarity...

Also keeping a tight line will allow you to "feel" the fish take a fly a lot easier... but this is not always a good technique as you're more often moving your fly slightly faster than the current to keep your line tight... which kinda eliminates a natural drift... which can turn some fish off... but i still land plenty with this technique... so I'm not complaining