View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

First off.....thanks for posting about the journals, sam, and all of your "kids." These have all been great reads......... For an all day pipe tobacco, I prefer Lane's burley light without a bite or BLWB. No nico kick, but a good nutty, burley flavor...excellent room note. I rank this one way over the drugstore brands. My local B&M uses this as a blender, and I use it to modify the taste of some of my stored tobaccos that just do not fit my taste profile. I tend to enjoy the straight burleys, and straight virginias. I have some latakia, turkish, and perique blends that I am aging, in case my flavor profile changes. So far, those blends just do not do it for me. I can't really help on the nicotine........as I find the nicotine content of pipe tobacco to be extremely mild in comparison to my cigars. Good luck in your search, and keep posting more about your "journey."

Maybe one day I can achieve the status of "fishnbanjo".........that is alot of nice pipes........

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Last edited by yonder; 03-29-2013 at 08:20 AM.