View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Need help please!!!

Hello,

If I were where you are at I would visit a Barns & Noble or any large book seller and browse the NY Outdoor section. Every state I've lived in seems to have a 'Where to fish book' out on the trout or other species you may be interested in. Being in the city you are not too far from linking onto Rt. 17 just up north and then it's a relatively pleasant and short drive over into the Catskill region.

It has been almost 34 years and many a storm, most recently 'Sandy' have wracked Long Islands Carmen's River but there were or perhaps are brook & brown trout in Carmen's. Any guide to fishing NY should mention Long Island and any opportunity that may still exist there. I am presuming you are interested in trout fishing, is this correct?

Ard

PS; In an afterthought it occurred to me that we have a NYC member who may be able to help you. His user name is floorabove. If you go to our private messing system and choose "Send New Message" when you type in the name it will automatically show you his as one of the choices. Send a PM and I bet he replies to you.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;