View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Hi JP,

I was actually out there from December 23 2012 until 2 days ago excepting 2 3 day visits home to resupply building materials. I got up every night at 11:00 PM and again at 1 or 2 AM to put wood on the fire and so every night I searched the skies for the Aurora. Other than a faint glow to the north each night I was disappointed until 3:00 AM on March 17th. Of course it was -14 degrees Fahrenheit when I noticed things seemed to be active in the skies above.

[CENTER]I have not enhanced the pictures for appearance, what you see is what the sky looked like.

Click the image to open in full size.

The somewhat grainy effect in the images is the result of 'digital noise', this is caused by using an ISO setting of 800 and a shutter speed of 13 - 15 seconds. The reds and greens were very present in some displays.

The bright glow at horizon I can not explain. The photo was shot at nearly a due North orientation at 3 AM.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;