View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:01 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Targus Gary Borger light touch fly rod

Clearly the saltwater versions would have more low down grunt; I still have an EXS #10 but my #9 succumbed to a boating issue bass fishing in RI and my beloved #8 was grabbed by the tip top by a "friend" landing a bonefish for me in Andros. I broke the #5 too bringing a big brown's head up for a guide to net him from a boat on the E.Br.of the Delaware but was able to obtain a replacement section form Albright. The 8 1/2'/#4 fortunately remains unscathed and the 12-weight's butt section is a decoration on my desk to remind me of an epic tarpon trip...it snapped on the first fish!...good thing I had my stout Diamondback. Brittleness aside, I loved these rods and still do fish the #4 and 5 but not regularly.