View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:01 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Targus Gary Borger light touch fly rod

Clearly the saltwater versions would have more low down grunt; I still have an EXS #10 but my #9 succumbed to a boating issue bass fishing in RI and my beloved #8 was grabbed by the tip top by a "friend" landing a bonefish for me in Andros. I broke the #5 too bringing a big brown's head up for a guide to net him from a boat on the E.Br.of the Delaware but was able to obtain a replacement section form Albright. The 8 1/2'/#4 fortunately remains unscathed and the 12-weight's butt section is a decoration on my desk to remind me of an epic tarpon trip...it snapped on the first fish!...good thing I had my stout Diamondback. Brittleness aside, I loved these rods and still do fish the #4 and 5 but not regularly.