View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9" 8# what you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
In short. Iím not giving up my S3 or S3s rods, but I soundly appreciate some of the modestly priced rods offered today.
I still fish a 10 weight S3s in the 8'8" configuration. The rod is a gun and has lots of lifting power. I use it as my main Baja California rod and as a quiver rod for teenage tarpon.

If I was going to make a choice between the BVK and the S3s for reds, I'd take the S3s in a heartbeat. The S3s has more butt strength than the BVK. It could put some serious hurt on a big bull red.

I have fished an 8 weight BVK on Striped Bass. It is a fine casting rod, but I was not impressed with its lifting power.

Dennis