View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: So sick of Winter.

I understand what both Dan and theboz are conveying here and truth be known I would rather die of heat exhaustion than hypothermia. However, there is something about winter that I began to miss when I was still living in north central Pennsylvania in the late 90's and early 2000's. When I grew up in PA. we had real winter. It got cold and snowed by Thanksgiving each year and we skated on the rivers & creeks. The snow was generally still in the mountain hollows by mid April when you went up the small creeks fishing. When things began to change I missed the old ways and so was able to adapt readily to Alaskan winters. I have my snow shoes, some X country skis, and warm clothing and I often find myself loving a -10 degree high.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy when the ice breaks up and I can go fish but winter is as much a part of life as spring, summer, and the fall. I like them all (unless there's a flood)

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;