View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:08 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: New Here and Need Some Line Help

I can only speak somewhat intelligently on the 3 wt. and the 5 wt. lines and where to get them. Airflo Ridgeline is good true weight line that casts/roll casts and mends well and is fairly limp. Retails for around $75, but redtruckflyfishing.com almost always has some on sale (approx. $35-$50). I have SA Textured Mastery series on my 4 wt. and find it nearly as long casting as the Sharkskin I had, without the bloody fingers. It also rollcasts/mends well and it's nearly as limp as the Sharkskin was, retails about $75.

I recently had the opportunity to cast Rio's (pretty sure it's Rio) Indicator line and was pleasantly surprised. In all respects it seems to cast like any GP line; it just has a bright orange tip (approx. 20 inches?). However, it mended much more easily than my Grand line, maybe even better than my Sharkskin line. Not sure how much this line is, but five will get you ten that it's right around $75-$80.

Well, there you go, about all I know about lines.

peace.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark