View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 AM
cletus cletus is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 259
cletus will become famous soon enoughcletus will become famous soon enough
Default Define a "Technical Rod"

I have been fly-fishing for a number of years now and am still confused by the term "technical rod." Does is describe a dry-fly rod with a stiffer butt and softer tip? Does it have limitations in other applications? I have frequently seen the term used when someone asks about an all-around rod and responses are that the rod in question is more of a technical rod vs an all-around rod.

Thanks in advance for any insights
Reply With Quote